Sunday 30 November 2014

A Dirty Cat

My sister and I like to play outside on the balcony, next to where the humans have their bed. Sometimes we go there in the morning and lie in the sunshine. Sometimes we chase each other around. Sometimes we roll in the dust. When we're feeling brave we jump to the neighbour's roof and run around there, and roll in their dust and dirt too.

At least, I roll a lot. I like feeling the dust on my skin. Joan doesn't do so much rolling. She watches me, slightly puzzled. Then when I get up she jumps at me, and we run around some more.

Usually the dust blows away, or I wash it off. But a few days ago, I rolled somewhere different, and when I went inside the humans started making comments about me being very dirty. I was quite insulted at first. I licked myself a few times and I didn't taste dirty. But then I did notice a few spots on my side that weren't there earlier:


One of the humans said the back of my head was the worst place. She tried wiping me with a damp cloth. I quite liked it, but she said it didn't make any difference at all. They said that they hoped I would wash. What a thing to say! I wash regularly. I'm mostly white, and I have to keep my fur immaculate.

However, they did have a point. No matter how much I washed, I couldn't get rid of those grey spots. One of the humans said that perhaps we would have to wait for my fur to grow out. What a horrible thought! I don't want my fur to go away. Does this mean I'll turn into a furless animal like a human?? I hope not.

Today our original family were visiting, and one of them said that it was fine to use a bit of 'fairy liquid' on my fur. So the humans put a drop of something that smelled like flowers on a damp cloth, and rubbed it around... then they rubbed it with just water. It felt quite nice at first but I soon got bored. They said I looked wet:


Humans do make silly comments. Of course I was wet. They were the ones who made me wet. They even talked about it first!

However they did also say I looked cleaner. I think they're right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment