Sunday 5 October 2014

Escape!

Tonight I found the front door open!

Success!

I waited until the family, with our first family who were visiting, were sitting at the table. Actually I didn't notice the door at first. One of the humans opened some tuna so that we cats could have the juice, and then one of my humans dropped some egg. Joan and I shared it.

Then I saw Cleo, the old black cat, go out of the door - it wasn't shut properly.

Front door open

I couldn't believe it at first, but nobody saw me so I hurried out. It was quite dark and a bit scary, but I didn't go far.

A few minutes later I heard a couple of the humans call for me, so I hid under a tree. I thought they would come and look for me - the scent was easy to follow. But they went in. I don't know why humans are so bad at hide and seek. I played with some leaves, then I started to wonder how I would get back inside if the door was closed.

Then another human came down, and called me, but I stayed hidden. Then she sneakily asked the old tortoiseshell cat Sophia where I was. Isn't that cheating in hide and seek? Sophia knew, of course. She started sniffing and walking towards me, so I knew I would be found. I stepped out to show the human where I was, and she picked me up. It felt most undignified, as if I'm not mature enough to be outside yet. So I tried to get down, but she held me tightly, and I thought perhaps it would be nice to be inside again.

Everybody seemed very pleased to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment