Tuesday 23 December 2014

Cat-sized human

Life is never dull in this household. Just as we were getting used to the strange green thing in the corner, draped with balls and other toys, there was more disruption. The humans kept going in and out - shutting us in the house, as usual, so we couldn't follow them - and talking in excited voices.

Then one evening they started talking about 'airport' and 'flight'. Back when I was a little kitten, they told me several times that I was not able to fly. It was disappointing, though I gradually realised they were correct. Humans can't fly either - or so I thought. That evening, they seemed to be discussing humans who were flying. Very mysterious.

Anyway, they went out in the car - leaving us behind, again - and when they returned, there were two ordinary looking humans with them, and a small one. I think it's a human, anyway, although the noises it makes don't bear much resemblance to human language. Sometimes he (they refer to this small person as 'he' so I assume they are correct) tries to stand up, holding onto the humans. But he is very wobbly and doesn't seem able to balance. Anyone would think he was a newborn kitten, except that his eyes are wide open.

I went to investigate, of course, and to see if he could talk our language, as he didn't seem too competent in human. He reached out to me:


Fortunately the regular humans were there too, and stopped the small human from grabbing me. They have been trying to teach him to stroke gently. He seems to be mostly benign:


My sister isn't so sure, however. She's not as calm as I am, and she was a bit jealous for a while. Silly girl, I've told her that the humans don't like it when she tries to climb up their legs. But she won't listen.

However, a couple of days ago the small human was asleep on our female human, so Joan decided to join them:


She's still not keen on getting too close when he's awake, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment