Saturday 27 December 2014

How do they know?

My sister and I stopped sleeping in the nice round bed when we learned that it was supposed to be a cat bed. Somewhere, deep in our consciousness, is the knowledge that we are never supposed to sleep where the humans want us to. I feel there is a logic error here, as I very much liked that bed, but when the humans moved the furniture around they tried to persuade us to sleep in it again. Bad move. Perhaps when they've forgotten about it, we'll get back there again.

Then again, it was beginning to be a bit small.

Happily, we discovered a larger and almost as comfortable place to cuddle up when we take a nap:


This is not a cat bed; the female human sits in it sometimes, and refers to it as a 'bean bag'. We know about beans, the humans eat them sometimes and are careful not to let us have any. I suppose this is a bag for beans to sit in, but we've never seen any here. The beans usually stay in the kitchen.

Talking of the kitchen, I still like drinking water out of the taps, and hunting for interesting things on the work surfaces, but the humans don't like it and keep dumping me back on the floor, saying, 'NO Alex.' Something else deep within our consciousness is that 'No' for a cat means 'Not while we're looking'. So, not wanting to cause conflict or stress, I now usually limit my counter-top explorations to times when the humans are out, or occupied elsewhere.

But I begin to think they must be more intelligent than they appear. Sometimes they know exactly where I've been..


I wonder if there's a hidden camera.....

No comments:

Post a Comment